Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Title

In case you are wondering what the title of my blog means...

My parents gave me a unique name when I was born, 26 years ago. I hated my name up until about the 10th grade because every single day I was called "Justin" or some other variation of my actual name... including, but not limited to: Jasmine, Julie, Julia, Jessica, Jastin, Jestin, Jess, Jennifer, etc. As an aside, I in no way resembled a male as "Justin" is the male version of my name. I was wearing woman sized bras in the 4th grade, people.

I began liking my name half-way through high school and have since come to love my name as an adult... also because I only know one other Justine and think it's pretty neat to have a unique name. Anyways, when I introduce myself to people I always get "Did you say Justin?" accompanied by a strange look. Again, I do not resemble a male what-so-ever. Over the many years as an adult where the above has been the reply I get upon introducing myself, I have replied with "No, it's like 'Justin' with an 'E' on the end" and immediately get "OHHHH!! Justine!" This has cut down on introduction time by roughly 2 minutes.

Who knew it'd be that simple...
 Picture taken of me back when my melons were baby strawberries...

2 comments:

  1. Justine - I'm so excited that you started a blog ... It is so much fun and a great way to keep people updated, especially if you dont want the whole FB world knowing every detail of your every move! Lol

    I, too, started blogging before my sweet little girl was born! Feel free to check it out :)

    Http://jamieleslieandkennedygainer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leslie! I would check your blog out from here, but I can't seem to figure out how to search for someone's blog when I'm logged into my account?!?!

    ReplyDelete